Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Danièle Huillet


[photos from: Nicht versöhnt (Not Reconciled, 1965) and On the Lethargy of Perception (1981)]

"The most interesting thing about me is my date of birth; 1 May 1936. After the second diploma I went once to the Sorbonne and ran out again after a half hour, in hatred and terror. Then I prepared for the I.D.H.E.C. - and met Straub in the process. I wanted to make documentaries - ethnographic films. Also: I didn't like blond people with light skin at all; when I was small, I found nothing more beautiful than the girls at school in Paris (where I came only at age 13—before, I was in the country), who were dark. . . . But Straub simply was blond with very light skin, unfortunately! I had learned English and Spanish and then had to learn first German and finally Italian . . . quite dialectical."
- Danièle Huillet, 1976

I only saw Pedro Costa's and Thierry Lounas' Where Does Your Hidden Smile Lie? (2001) just a few days ago and was particularly touched by the following segment, from 6 Bagatelas, composed from the unused reels of Where Does.... Unlike most of the film which occurs within the intense atmosphere of the editing room, we get to see Huillet out in the light, calm as ever:

7 Comments:

Blogger Andy Rector said...

deep thanks for this Mubarak -

9:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

and i also thank you, we are already a few addicted to the Straub - Huillet work, which surprises me, in a very good way.

I couldn't find unexpected or interesting images of Huillet or their movies and i don't know how to put them in youtube, but at least i left my "in memoriam" for her too - one day, i'll change my "murnau" name for something like "la chambre vert", since tombstones are quite a few in my space.

hug

8:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

p.s. that was me, José! :)

8:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi. I'm looking for the dvd of "where does your hidden smile lie". As I see that you've seen it, I was wondering if you could let me know where I can go. thanks

11:12 AM  
Blogger Mubarak Ali said...

Anonymous - try doing a search on Pedro Costa or it's Portuguese title, Onde Jaz o Teu Sorriso on TFMOnline, or a cheaper option seems to be this one. The label is Assirio & Alvim. In the last issue of Cinema Scope, Jonathan Rosenbaum hints that it may be getting a newer DVD treatment soon.

11:47 AM  
Blogger 22 said...

AV,無碼,a片免費看,自拍貼圖,伊莉,微風論壇,成人聊天室,成人電影,成人文學,成人貼圖區,成人網站,一葉情貼圖片區,色情漫畫,言情小說,情色論壇,臺灣情色網,色情影片,色情,成人影城,080視訊聊天室,a片,A漫,h漫,麗的色遊戲,同志色教館,AV女優,SEX,咆哮小老鼠,85cc免費影片,正妹牆,ut聊天室,豆豆聊天室,聊天室,情色小說,aio,成人,微風成人,做愛,成人貼圖,18成人,嘟嘟成人網,aio交友愛情館,情色文學,色情小說,色情網站,情色,A片下載,嘟嘟情人色網,成人影片,成人圖片,成人文章,成人小說,成人漫畫,視訊聊天室,性愛,a片,AV女優,聊天室,情色

7:33 AM  
Blogger 每当遇见你 said...

Here’s a list of tools you will need to start: Jewelers’ pandora jewellery wire cutters - If you can only afford one pair, get memory wire shears. pandora charms These are designed to make clean cuts on tough memory wire, so can also be used for pandora charms uk softer wires. Chain-nose pliers sometimes called cheap pandora charms needle-nose pliers – Very versatile for picking up and grasping small items, pandora charms sale bending eye pins, closing jumps rings, even closing crimp beads. discount pandora charms Round-nose pliers – Used for creating loops on beaded head and eye pins. Can also be used for winding your own jump rings and as the second pliers you’cheap pandora ll need for closing jump rings. Optional pliers – Wire-looping pliers which have several graduated circumferences to allow you to form perfectly uniform jump rings and loops in place of the pandora discount uk round-nose pliers mentioned above. Crimping pliers which have little notches to allow you to both flatten a crimp bead and then bend it to form a rounded finished look instead of the flat crimp you pandora uk get using the chain-nose pliers. As for materials, I recommend some assortment packs of beads in coordinating colors, some decorative metal spacers, seed beads in both silver and gold These can serve as spacers and beautifully set off pandora sale your other beads., tube-shaped crimp beads Buy the best you can find – these are what hold it all together!, head and eye pins. Other than that, let your choice of project be your guide. You might want some silver or pewter charms.

8:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]