Wednesday, December 21, 2005

2005: Music

I think I was more 'in the zone' this year than I was in 2004, especially when it came to psych-folk and its related sub-genres. Animal Collective's Feels and Vashti Bunyan's Lookaftering remain as the year's two masterpieces for me, with Josephine Foster coming a close third (it's still as challenging a listen as it is beautiful and revealing). New albums from Boards of Canada, Four Tet, Broken Social Scene, etc. did not disappoint, but why are Espers releasing EPs?! They need to give us their next, inevitable masterpiece after their awesome, self-titled debut from '04.

2005 top ten in music:
01. Animal Collective - Feels
02. Vashti Bunyan - Lookaftering
03. Josephine Foster - Hazel Eyes, I Will Lead You
04. Devendra Banhart - Cripple Crow
05. The Skygreen Leopards - Life & Love in Sparrow's Meadow
06. Raccoo-oo-oon - The Cave of Spirits Forever
07. The Fiery Furnaces - EP
08. Jana Hunter - Blank Unstaring Heirs of Doom
09. Jennifer Gentle - Valende
10. Antony and the Johnsons - I Am A Bird Now

and the rest.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]