Monday, October 03, 2005

a moment of clarity

Music-wise, that is.

I've been furiously catching up with 2005 music lately, and of course, found myself ending up with a list to summarise the year so far. Some of these have haunted me for weeks:

1. Animal Collective - Feels
2. Vashti Bunyan - Lookaftering
3. Josephine Foster - Hazel Eyes, I Will Lead You
4. Devendra Banhart - Cripple Crow
5. Caribou - The Milk of Human Kindness
6. The Fiery Furnaces - EP
7. The Skygreen Leopards - Life & Love in Sparrow's Meadow
8. Antony and the Johnsons - I Am a Bird Now
9. Studio Pankow - Linienbusse
10. Nick Castro and the Poison Tree - Further From Grace
11.Andrew Bird - Andrew Bird & the Mysterious Production of Eggs
12. Ø - Kantamoinen

Mostly psych-folk and electro stuff. There're a few more albums which I loved from this year, but for now these 12 should satisfy the list-maker in me. A couple are as-yet unreleased (the orgasmic/insane, Feels, and the fragile-beyond-words, Lookaftering) and I can't wait to own them when they come out later this month. Also looking forward to the new ones by Vetiver, Espers, Broken Social Scene, Boards of Canada, etc.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]